Translate

Friday, June 28, 2013

12 Day Challenge: Part 4

Check it out! How cool is that?? (Don't judge, but I had to put my milk
in an empty wine bottle....haha!)
Wednesday- I had leftover flank steak and eggs for breakfast and it was super delicious and filling.  I also made my first batch of homemade almond milk and almond flour! I had a glass of almond milk, and then a bowl of Bob's Red Mill Muesli with the milk, as well (I'm seeing how my body reacts to very small amounts of whole oats/whole grains). Before the evening Crossfit class, I had a quick salad and then one of my frozen yogurt and cashew bananas. For dinner I had leftover chili and then I had an apple before bed.


Thursday- Now, Thursday was supposed to be the day that I cooked up a whole chicken, but I had plans at 6pm and Cody had a night flight and wasn't supposed to be home until late, so there was really no reason to make a whole meal. Even though we didn't cook the chicken, we had already bought it, and it only cost $5.40. That puts my current total at $97.20... I am getting uncomfortably close to $100, especially since I still have a few more days to go! Anyway, we had bacon and eggs for brunch, Cody packed some peanut butter and jellys for his lunch/dinner, and I had a frozen banana for my midday snack and a tiny bit of chili before leaving for Bingo at 6. Before I left, I finally fixed up another HUGE batch of Tuna&Egg Salad, which I had a bowl of when I got home. I have a confession, because I can't deceive you lovely people: I did cheat on my diet on Thursday. I was craving something comforting all day and my wonderful neighbor brought homemade spinach artichoke dip with warm slices of bread to Bingo, so I couldn't resist! THEN, she brought over homemade coffee cake later in the night, and I figured it wouldn't kill me, so I demolished that yummy non-Paleo treat, as well! I did have a bit of an upset stomach before bed, and I think that was my belly telling me to cut it out, but I did thoroughly enjoy my cheats :)

Friday- I was in a bit of a rush this morning, so I only had a banana for breakfast before Crossfit, but I made up for it with a scrumptious cheese and onion omelette when I got home. I have the chicken in the crock-pot for dinner tonight (and hopefully tomorrow!) and I'm planning on roasting up some carrots, sweet potatoes, zucchini, and squash for the side.(Crock-pot Whole Chicken Recipe!) I'm sure before dinner rolls around I will partake in some more salad, too :) We are also planning on going to our first Fest tonight in Rothenberg, so I will see if I can resist all the goodies that I'm sure will be available!

Two more days of meals to go! Wish me luck (and a stroke of genius to figure out how to make my last meal for $2.80)!

1 comment:

  1. Six meals and $2.80?

    Sounds like a challenge! But I hope the fest in Rothenberg was fun!

    ReplyDelete